The right hairstyle for your wedding attire comes with a lot of planning and trial and error sessions. Due to this very reason, choosing the right wedding hairstyle can be a very daunting task for many brides. Are you a bride caught in a dilemma as to what hairstyle suits you the best? Here are some suggestions to go by.
Things to consider
1. Before you pick your hairstyle, check your hair texture and volume and chose the style accordingly. Thick and curly hair must never be straightened as it would be difficult to manage through the entire ceremony. Similarly, straight hair must not be forced to remain permed, especially if it is sunny and humid when the hair can lose its luster and look limp and sticky. Choose a realistic style that suits your hair volume and thickness and also one that you are comfortable in.
2. The decision to wear it up as a bun or down too must be done carefully. Assess your comfort level and personality before making the final choice. The style should suit your face and also the wedding attire that your wear. Do not try elaborate hairstyles that you have never tried before. If you have long hair and are comfortable in wearing your hair up, a simple chignon could look stunning on you.
3. The right hair accessories can add that touch of elegance and attraction to any simple hairstyle. Choose between beautiful flowers, hair clips, hair bands and bows that suit your style. It is also important to coordinate your hairstyle with your dress. For high necks, a classic up do can do wonders. Similarly, for off shoulder or low necked dress, long hair with soft curls or straight spikes can make things elegant.
4. It is important to plan early as it will give you enough time to discuss with your hairdresser and look for possible styles in wedding magazines and hairstyle magazines. This will also give you enough time to try different styles and checkout the effect on your entire personality.
Some popular wedding hair styles
1. The classic bun
The classic bun has seen a lot if variation these days and now you can wear the tight bun into loose curls or with elegant strands of loose hair left around your face or even a fashionable chignon with braided borders and what not. The position of the bun too offers great possibilities for experimentation with side binds, buns that can be placed at the nape, etc.
2. Loose and textured styles
They are very easy and simple and can be styled according to your hair texture. Soft curls cascading down your shoulders can give an ethereal look if you seal the crown with a beautiful braid, flowers or a shining tiara.
3. Straight down
This can be curls or straightened hair left open for s simple hairdo. Styling involves use of beautiful hair clips and flowers at strategic spots to create a sophisticated look.
4. Half up
The half up style has revived interest with the Royal Wedding where Catherine, Prince William’s bride chose to adorn it. You can use a hairclip at the sides and leave your hair open after styling it with curls, or use a beautiful tiara to enhance the appeal.
Hairstyle can add a touch of sophistication to your entire wedding attire and hence, must be chosen with finesse.
About the author: Karien is a freelance writer, who loves to churn articles on wedding and these days, she is working on short wedding dresses. And her earnest desire is to own a showroom of juicy couture handbags.